You must be at least 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages.
- The billing address needs to match the address on your credit card statement.
- All alcoholic beverages are sold in California and title passes to the buyer in California. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to your place of choosing and you are at least 21 years old.
- Shipments are restricted to California, states reciprocal with California, and NON-PO BOX addresses.
- Non California residents are responsible for determining whether they may lawfully import wine or spirits into their state. Each state has its own laws regarding the importation of alcoholic beverages. Please check with the appropriate agency in your state.
- The Wine Connection will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that such shipment will not subject The Wine Connection to any sort of legal action. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another legal state.
- We ship by ground or air from San Diego, California. Our shipping prices include approved packing materials.
- Most items ship within 2-3 days from when the order is placed.
- Insurance is included with standard group shipping.
- No International shipping.
Our Shipping Process
We were lucky enough to find a logistics partner that allows us legally to ship wine and spirits to most (but not all) states.
Please refer to the chart below for which states where can ship wine and spirits.
For States west of the Rockies, we ship directly from our store using Golden State Overnight (GSO).
For States east of the Rockies, we ship out of our logistic partner’s Los Angeles warehouse. During the summer months (March- October), we ship via temperature controlled trucks from our LA hub to the regional warehouse. At the regional warehouse, it is transferred to the local carrier (e.g., UPS, FedEx, LSO). Refer to the Regional Gateway Map.
For states with more stringent shipping regulations such as AL, OK, TX and IL, we are always required to ship in a temperature controlled environment.
Once your wine reaches the regional warehouse, you will receive the tracking number from the local carrier. Typically, you should expect to receive the wine in 2-3 days after you get the tracking number. For California, Washington and Oregon, you should receive a tracking number the day after we send it to the carrier.
Expedited shipping is available for wine only and priced up on request. At this time, we are not able to offer expedited shipping for any Spirits.
Please note that because of the archaic shipping laws, wine and spirits must be shipped in separate containers.
Rates vary by Zone and Sates. Please see the average range of rates for both Wine and Spirits:
# Bts Wine Spirits
1 $17 $34 $20 $45
2 $18 $36 $22 $47
3 $20 $40 $24 $49
6 $24 $48 $26 $52
12 $30 $60 $30 $65
Regional Gateway Map
Zone Shipping Map
Estimated Ship Times
States Able to Ship October -March April -September
|Alaska||Wine Only||3-5 weeks||3-5 weeks|
|Arizona||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|California - San Diego||Wine & Spirits||1-2 Days||1-2 Days|
|California - Outside San Diego||Wine & Spirits||2-3 Days||2 -3 Days|
|Colorado||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|Connecticut||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|DC||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Delaware||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Florida||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Georgia||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Hawaii||Wine Only||2-3 Weeks||2-3 Weeks|
|Idaho||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|Illinois||Wine & Spirits||9-17 Days||9-17 Days|
|Indiana||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Iowa||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|Kansas||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|Louisiana||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Maine||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Maryland||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Massachusetts||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Minnesota||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|Missouri||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|Montana||Wine Only||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|Nebraska||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Nevada||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|New Hampshire||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|New Jersey||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|New Mexico||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|New York||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|North Carolina||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|North Dakota||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|Ohio||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Oklahoma||Wine Only||9-17 Days||9-17 Days|
|Oregon||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|Pennsylvania||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Rhode Island||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|South Carolina||Wine Only||4-6 Days||10-14 Days|
|South Dakota||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Tennessee||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Texas||Wine & Spirits||9-17 Days||9-17 Days|
|Vermont||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Virginia||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Washington||Wine & Spirits||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|
|West Virginia||Wine Only||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Wisconsin||Wine & Spirits||5-7 Days||10-14 Days|
|Wyoming||Wine Only||3-5 Days||3-5 Days|